About the Temple Theatre
The Temple Theatre – known as the “Showplace of Northeastern Michigan” – is one of Saginaw, Michigan’s most distinguished buildings. The theatre was built in 1926 after the city’s previous concert hall was lost to a fire. The new theatre was a technological marvel featuring fireproof construction, geo-thermal cooling of the auditorium, spectacular acoustics, and state of the art stage rigging and dimming systems for the lights. In 2002, the family of Dr. Samuel Shaheen purchased the Temple Theatre and the adjoining three story building. After an investment of more than seven million dollars, the “Showplace of Northeastern Michigan” has been returned to her original glory. With seating for 1,750, the theatre has been graced by legends ranging from B.B. King to George Carlin. It is home to the world’s only Barton Butterfield Special organ in original condition.